PPSC is Punjab Public Service Commission and it is the department which is responsible for the appointment of candidates for different Government institutes in punjab.PPSC conduct two types of test for the selection of Candidates
- One Paper Test
- Multi Paper Test
One Paper Test
One paper test as the name indicates it consist of only one paper and it is further divided into two categories
- General Test Paper
- Subject Specific Paper
General Test Paper
- It is not related to any specific subject and it consists of 100 marks MCQs paper.
- It is conducted for post of
- Sub inspector etc.
Subject Specific Paper
- Subject specific paper also consists of 100 marks but it is different from the general test in the sense that it contains MCQs from a specific subject for which a candidate is applying for.
It include test for
- Lecturer, etc
Here will discuss the PPSC subject specific test.
PPSC Test For Pharmacist
- Seat for pharmacist in different Government institutes are filled through PPSC test
- PPSC test for pharmacists consists of 100 marks.
- 0.25 marks deducted on wrong answers mean there is a negative marking system.
- If our answer is correct well will be awarded with 1 mark but if the answer is wrong 1.25 marks will be deducted.
- The PPSC test for pharmacists consists of 100 marks.
- Out of 100 marks 20 marks are general knowledge based and 80 marks are from Pharm-D syllabus.
It may covers all subjects of Pharm D like
- Bio Pharmaceutics
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Forensic Science
How to Start Preparation
- There is no specific book for PPSC test preparation. You can start your preparation from any book.
- Start from basic concepts.
- Read books and make concepts.
- Do not start from any MCQ books,
- first make your concepts clear from theory then can test your skills from
- past papers or any MCQs type book.
- The reason behind is that you can not remember a,b,c type answers but if you have cleared your basic concepts you can answer the questions.
- Another fact is that if the statement of MCQ is changed by the paper setter then you will not be able to give an answer if you rely only on MCQ books.
- So focus on theory and prepare your own notes.
- If you want to take a basic overview you can read www.pharmainform.com or can Subscribe Pharmainform YouTube.
Multi Paper Test
- As the name indicates it consist of more than one papers and it usually contain Provincial Management Services (PMS)
What is PMS?
- PMS is a Provincial Management Services exam conducted by the provincial governments to appoint officers in different Government institutes.
- PMS is conducted through the Public service commission of all provinces of Pakistan.
Public Service Commission of punjab is commonly known as PPSC.
Sindh Public Service Commission is known as SPSC.
Balochistan Public Service Commission is BPSC.
KPK Public Service Commission is KPSC
A candidate is considered eligible for PMS having minimum graduation degree in any subject with minimum second division.
After passing the PMS exam a person is directly appointed in 17 Scale.
PMS is a multi subject test and has both compulsory and optional subjects.
- English Assay
- English General
- Islamic Studies.
- Pakistan Studies
- General Knowledge
Each compulsory subject contains 100 marks.
Each candidate has to select 3 optional subjects each carrying 200 marks and can select optional subjects from PPSC Subject Groups.
A candidate has to Clear following stages to pass the PMS
- Written Test
- Written test is of total 1200 Marks.
- Interview is of 200 Marks.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks on each wrong answer in MCQs portion.
- The candidate has to obtain 40 percent marks in each subject to pass the test but total marks should be 50% mean 600 out of 1200 to get qualified in the interview.
- The candidates must obtain 50% Marks in interview for their names in merit list.
PMS officer can be appointed as
- Section Officer
- Deputy Secretary
- Additional Secretary
- DCO etc.